DOG ROPE TOYS MADE FROM RECYCLED COTTON - OUR TOY OF CHOICE
Toys are a big part of our small dog life - with dog rope toys being the toy of choice by our furbabies. At home, you will find them everywhere, from the living room, to the hallway and all the way to the bedroom. Away from home, we always take at least one with us for that game of fetch while in the park or by the lake and more on overnight or longer trips.
CLEAN YOUR DOG ROPE TOYS REGULARLY
With all the slobber, dirt and dust our rope toys accumulate over time (plus whatever organisms can grow in this kind of environment if left for awhile), there is no question that they need to be cleaned. The only question really is how often.
I clean our stash of dog rope toys once a week - if they were only used at home. For the ones we took with us for walks in the park or the woods, they get additional cleaning right after. And the good news is … there are different ways we can do this and all of them fuss free.
To start, try to remove as much dirt as you can from the dog rope toys by hand. Also do trim the frayed ends if they have become too long.
3 EASY WAYS TO CLEAN DOG ROPE TOYS
1. Using the WASHING MACHINE to clean dog rope toys
- Simply throw in the dog rope toys in the washing machine and let it run on gentle cycle.
- Do not use any detergent nor any fabric softener.
- Let the rope toy air-dry.
2. Using the DISHWASHER to clean dog rope toys
- Similarly, throw in the dog rope toys in the dishwasher on the tope rack and let it run on a full hot cycle.
- Do not use any detergent nor any rinse aid as well.
- Let the rope toy air-dry
3. Using the MICROWAVE to clean dog rope toys
- Soak the dog rope toy in a bowl of cold and clean water.
- Once fully soaked, squeeze out extra water.
- Place the toy in the microwave and let it run on high heat for 1 minute.
- Be careful handling the rope toy as it will be quite hot.
- Let the rope toy cool down and air dry.
I prefer not to use any detergent, as I don’t want any residual detergent being ingested by my small dogs. Anyways, the water and high heat is enough to sanitize and clean the dog rope toys in all of the methods described above.
The washing machine and dishwasher method are best for medium to heavily soiled dog rope toys. Otherwise, the microwave method is the quickest way.
Happy dog rope toy cleaning!
Do you have another way of cleaning your dog rope toys? Share it with us!
MAKING PLAYTIME HEALTHIER AND GREENER WITH DOG ROPE TOYS MADE FROM RECYCLED COTTON